The importance of an engine warranty
When replacing an engine, most people would like to fix their engine properly the first time and do not wish to waste time and money
Understanding the warranty offered on an engine can help you avoid these risks. An engine warranty is an assurance between the seller and the buyer of the engine’s condition and quality.
At Remtec we offer both:
- Reconditioned engines with a 100 000 km or 12 month nationwide warranty
- Remanufactured engines with a 12 month unlimited mileage nationwide warranty
We can offer these warranties on the engine because of the processes we follow and the attention to detail.
When you buy a Remtec engine, you will know that every part has either been, inspected, tested, replaced or engineered before the engine is assembled by specialized technicians in a specialized factory to specific standards.
This attention to detail ensures the internal & external condition and quality of the engine, and will give you peace of mind and value for money when comparing this to all other engine options.
In addition, our warranties are Nationwide. This means that the engines are warrantied throughout South Africa. So if you ever have an issue with the engine, you can take it to any RMI workshop around the country for them to assist. You do not have to tow the vehicle back to the workshop where you installed it or to where you bought the engine from.
Our Reconditioning Process: Involves taking an engine completely apart and assessing and measuring all components. Parts out of specification are then replaced. Select parts are then meticulously cleaned, inspected, measured, and tested. These are then engineered to set specifications. By using parts that are still within specification, we are able to use fewer new parts and so reduce input costs while maintaining quality standards. The engine is then reassembled by specialized technicians and tested accordingly.
Our Remanufacturing Process: A remanufactured engine is the closest rebuilt engine to a new engine. It involves taking an engine completely apart and scrapping certain parts, which are then replaced with new parts. Select parts are then meticulously cleaned, inspected, measured, and tested. These are then engineered to set specifications. The engine is then reassembled by specialized technicians and tested accordingly. The final result is the engine has been returned to the OEM or remanufacturers specifications.
Summary of Responsiblities
- Supply the engine.
- Provide and support the nationwide warranty on the engine, including parts and labour for 12 months or 100’000km (whichever comes first).
- Warranty the installation of the engine.
- Ensure all supporting components are in suitable order.
- Ensure that all installation pre-checks are done.
- Does installation as per Workshop Manual and Remtec Installation checklist.
- Responsible for servicing the vehicle at the prescribed intervals.
- Responsible for the maintenance and performance of the supporting components.